If eating healthy is top of mind, it may be hard to come up with appetizer ideas when entertaining guests. Since artichokes are an excellent source of fiber, are rich in antioxidants and nutrients but low in calories, they make a perfectly nutritious finger food. Try Roasted Artichokes with Quick Garlic Aioli at your next gathering for an appetizer that is sure to please!
Roasted Artichokes with Quick Garlic Aioli
Prep Time 10 mins
Total Time 50 mins
1 1/2 lb artichokes, frozen, defrosted
2 Tbs olive oil
1 tsp thyme, dried
1/4 cup avocado oil mayonnaise (or other)
1 clove garlic, pressed
1 lemon, zested and juiced
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
1. Defrost artichokes, drain, and dry.
2. Press garlic, zest and juice lemon.
3. Preheat oven to 425° F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
1. Toss artichokes with olive oil and thyme. Season with salt and pepper to taste then spread evenly [in one layer] on a parchment-lined baking sheet
.2. Roast for about 40 minutes, turning halfway through cooking to ensure all edgesare browned.
3. Meanwhile, whisk together mayonnaise, garlic, 1 tsp. lemon zest, and 1 tsp. lemonjuice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Serve warm artichokes with aioli on the side for dipping.
Source: Nutrient data for this listing was provided by USDA Food Composition Database. Each "~" indicates a missing or incomplete value.Nutrition information for recipes is calculated by retrieving and compiling individual food data from the USDA database. Factors such as brand selection, size of produce, andpreparation can change nutrition information in any recipe. We offer this information as an estimate only.-
Nutrition Facts/Amount/serving% Daily Value
Calories per serving 202
Vitamin D mcg 0%
Calcium 6mg 0%
Iron 0mg 2%
Potassium 6mg 0%
Total Fat 17.8g 27%
Saturated Fat 1.9g 9%
Trans Fat 0.0g
Cholesterol 15mg 5%
Sodium 185mg 8%
Total Carbohydrates 11g 3%
Dietary Fiber 8g 32%
Total Sugars 0g