Prep Time: 5 min Smashed Chickpea Salad
Prep Time 5 mins
Total Time 10 mins
1 15 ounce Chickpeas, canned, Drained and
1/2 Lemon, Juiced and Zested (for 1 tsp zest)
1 Tbs Olive Oil
2 Tbs Olives, kalamata, Pitted and Chopped
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1/4 Onion, red, Chopped
1 Tbs Parsley, fresh, Chopped
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
3 Tbs sunflower seeds, raw
1. Chop olives, celery, onion, and parsley. Zest and juice lemon.
2. Drain and rinse chickpeas.
1. Add chickpea, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of zest, and olive oil to a bowl.
Using a potato masher or fork, mash chickpeas to a coarse paste.
2. Mix in the chopped ingredients, sunflower seeds, and season to taste.
3. Enjoy on a bed of greens or as a filling for your favorite sandwich [we
LOVE using romaine lettuce leaves as a vehicle.]
Source: Nutrient data for this listing was provided by USDA Food Composition Database. Each "~" indicates a missing or incomplete value.
Nutrition information for recipes is calculated by retrieving and compiling individual food data from the USDA database. Factors such as brand selection, size
of produce, and preparation can change nutrition information in any recipe. We offer this information as an estimate only.
Calories per serving 353
Vitamin D 0mcg 0%
Calcium 123mg 12%
Iron 4mg 22%
Potassium 708mg 15%
Total Fat 14.6g 22%
Saturated Fat 1.6g 8%
Trans Fat 0.0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 661mg 28%
Amount/serving % Daily Value*
Total Carbohydrates 44g 14%
Dietary Fiber 13g 53%
Total Sugars 5g